Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Awards > AFBL Hall of Fame

Pre-HOF Discussion Thread

(1/3) > >>

mstreeter06:
We are about to finish our 13th season as a league and are getting close to having stars from the inaugural era begin to retire. I thought we could begin to discuss how we would like the HOF voting and process be handled.

I know NPBL has a good process for their HOF and would be what I had in mind. It would take some tweaking but here is thread with the NPBL rules (http://www.npblbaseball.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0). I also think there are some great processes in the MLB HOF process as well.

I think we could discuss this over the next few seasons and have the 1st AFBL HOF Class be in 2030? Any other ideas or suggestions?

mstreeter06:
Top 30 Career Pitcher War

Top 30 Career Wins

Top 30 Career Saves

Top 30 Career Strikeouts

Top 30 Career Hitter War

Top 30 Career Homeruns

Top 30 Career Hits

mikezone13:
I assume you'll be using statslab for HOf voting?

The in-game voting in OOT16 also works well I beleive, so that will be in when AFBL moves to OOTP 17.

My suggestion:
1. Special criteria for the inaugural draft guys that didn't play a whole career (i.e. drafted at 26 or older) but contributed a lot to the league (think Garlez and Sepulveda et al) - hold this induction as a special induction in 2027 as a 15 year celebration

2. Then have set criteria to make players available for the ballot going forward, first HoF vote in 2030 as you mentioned

mstreeter06:

--- Quote from: mikezone13 on August 01, 2015, 05:40:25 pm ---I assume you'll be using statslab for HOf voting?

The in-game voting in OOT16 also works well I beleive, so that will be in when AFBL moves to OOTP 17.

--- End quote ---

Not sure yet. I don't have any experience with either actually. In game option would be the most convenient

JKGuy16:

--- Quote from: mikezone13 on August 01, 2015, 05:40:25 pm ---I assume you'll be using statslab for HOf voting?

My suggestion:
1. Special criteria for the inaugural draft guys that didn't play a whole career (i.e. drafted at 26 or older) but contributed a lot to the league (think Garlez and Sepulveda et al) - hold this induction as a special induction in 2027 as a 15 year celebration

2. Then have set criteria to make players available for the ballot going forward, first HoF vote in 2030 as you mentioned

--- End quote ---

I love this and I have someone from my team who started his career at age 37 and is on these top 30 lists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version