Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Chappy

• North Carolina Aviators
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
    • National Pastime Baseball League
Introduce Yourself
« on: May 13, 2013, 10:56:12 am »
Hey guys, Chappy here...

My name is Rob and I chose the North Carolina franchise because that's were I live.

I've been playing OOTP since version 2.0 and been in online leagues since version 4...

I've been Commissioner of the NPBL (where I met Streeter) since oh, 2003 or 2004.  I've been in several other leagues over the years (JOBL, Jamaica League to name a couple), but have been strictly in the NPBL for a while now so I'm looking forward to this league.

North Carolina Aviators GM
Patriot League Champions - 2015, 2033, 2037, 2038, 2045
Federation Cup Champions
- 2037, 2046

NPBL Commish

Offline JKGuy16

• Indiana Vipers
  • MVP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:13 am »
I'm Jason, currently residing in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I've bounced around the country quite a bit thanks to my wife's job.  I'm originally from Fort Wayne but am in the process of moving to Virginia Beach.

While I am brand new to OOTP having purchased the game for the first time last week, I'm excited to be a part of another online league.  I'm a huge gamer who belongs to a great site dedicated to Xbox sports gaming and leagues.  I've been a part of online leagues in some form since about 1999. 

I intend to be as active as possible and hope to contribute to what will hopefully be a long and fantastic league.  My advice to anyone in an online league, be active, post in the forum and be helpful to everyone where possible.  These are the kinds of things that can make or break a league.

Looking forward to this.
Indiana Vipers -

AFBL Federation Cup Champions 2020, 2022, 2035

Frontier League Champions 2020, 2022, 2035

Frontier League Eastern Division Champions 2021, 2022, 2024, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2038, 2039

Frontier League Wild Card 2013, 2017, 2020, 2023

RETIRED NUMBERS:

Al Fuller #19

Willie Watson #22

Tommy Carr #34

CaliforniaGM

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »
Hello everyone

My name is Domenic, I live in southern Ontario Canada. I chose California, because I have always wanted to visit there, haven't made it but one day I hope to.

Another reason is that Michigan was already taken :P

I have been playing OOTP since version 8. I have only played in one another league, but it folded soon after getting started.

I am looking forward to the start of the league. Hopefully by tonight I will have my team info as per the commissioner's request.

Good Luck to all.

Offline yuda

• Oregon Explorers
  • MVP Member
  • Oregon Explorers Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »
Hi, everybody! I'm John (although most call me by my last name, Yuda).

I've been playing OOTP for a long time, and have been in the NPBL with Rob and Streeter since the game's 2011 season (which was, I think, 2004 in the real world) -- we're in 2052 over there now.

I live in Virginia, and my NPBL franchise is Virginia, so I decided to go with the other coast. Went to a conference in Portland last year and really dug the city, so I'll be running Oregon.

As a day job, I'm a UX designer with the CFPB.

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:16 pm »
Thanks for starting this thread Rob! This will be great because I know we have a pair from Spain, one in Australia, and Domenic is in Canada. Should be fun!

I'm Matthew if you didn't already realize that. I live in the KC metro on the Kansas side.

I chose to base my franchise in Colorado since it's an awesome place to visit. I run Kansas in the NPBL and I've played OOTP since v6.5.

I work for a small IT Management company here in Kansas City which includes everything from helpdesk/remote support to project management and planning. I'm a humongous sports fan so I watch/root all the 5 major sports with my rooting interests being STL, KC, and Kansas University sporting programs. I grew up in STL for 20 years and have been living in KC for the last 5 but my dad is from Kansas so I've always rooted for both cities unless they played each other than I would root for STL :). Besides sports, I'm addicted to technology, entertainment, and social media (@mstreeter on twitter).

Can't wait to get started!
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

NorseKaiser

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »
Hey, Joel here- I'm running the New York franchise, which matches my current residence...

I've played OOTP off and on through the years, but I'm looking forward to playing in my first online league!

Offline mikezone13

• New Jersey Athletics
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:59:41 pm »
Quick intro... Mike, living in Sydney, Australia, but originally from Christchurch in New Zealand.

Been playing OOTP since version 10 I think, but have been playing the football/soccer management game Football Manager/Championship Manager for around 13 years.

I've always been into stats, so OOTP is great for me. I've been a big fan of American Sport for more than 20 years, mostly NFL and MLB and have a great knowledge of most sports - yes I'm a sports nut!

I've taken over New Jersey as being from New Zealand (considered the little brother to Australia) I thought New Jersey would be a good fit to be the "little brother" to New York and a good rivalry could be formed (I hope I can live up to the challenge).

In regards to online leagues, this will be my first, but really looking forward to being involved, I just hope the time difference doesn't cause too many issues with live drafts etc.

Looking to unveil my team name, logos and affiliates in the next couple of days.

New Jersey Athletics GM: 2013-
Playoffs: 2013-2021, 2024-
Championships: 2018, 2026

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 08:11:07 pm »
Hey everybody I am Jonathan and I am running the only Canadian franchise out of Ontario cause I live there.

I am only getting this opportunity because Matthew was generous enough to let me go against his plan. I love being unique so will my team. I have been playing OOTP since I was 11 OOTP5 and my first league was in V6 I was pretty good in leagues till school got in the way and I haven't played since V8. I have been looking for a good league to join since I started working again to give me something interactive. I am extremely active and should almost never miss a sim I hope we can all get along in this league and have a good run for that ring.
Good things grow in Ontario.
Go Jays :D Go Pirates :D go Phillies :) go Astros :)
AFBL: Ontario (2013-) 811-809 (.501) Wild Card: 4 times
2020 Pennant Lost Cup 3-5
2022 Wild Card (lost LCS 2-4)
NPBL: Nova Scotia Fishermen (2057-) 2060 Wild Card (lost LCS 2-4)
GCL: AFBL Blue Pirates
http://gcl.ootpdevelopments.com/gcl/reports/html/teams/team_21.html

Offline mukerka

• Texas Isotopes
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 07:26:06 am »
Hi everyone, Im Aitor

Sorry but my english is not too good ... My ootp experience is not long enought to fight for this league but i will try not to be the last team on the champ jejje

I choose to base my franchise in texas but i dont know why yet jaja. Big fan of the american sports, mostly mlb and nhl (boston bruinsssssssssssssssss, what a game yesterday :D). My team in the mlb are the padres but we suck ...
Texas Isotopes

jstriebel

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 10:54:53 am »
Hey guys,

I'm Justin. I'm new to OOTP as far as having the program myself. I did once operate a simulated team, but one guy kind of managed everything and we just communicated our management to him. Not sure if it was OOTP.

I'm a graphic designer from St. Louis originally, and now living here again. Spent about 6 years in Champaign, Illinois at the University of Illinois. The first four attending the school, the latter couple working full-time for the athletic department. I then took an opportunity at Auburn University in Alabama and spent about a year there before the yearning for home got too strong, and as I said, now I'm back in St. Louis.

I'm a huge sports fan. Anything I have a team for, I get into. Blues, Cardinals, Rams, and Illini mainly. Also enjoy USA soccer (and in all the international sports, I suppose), and I'm very slowly working on my fandom for the Pacers and Sporting KC.

With Missouri being taken, the next best option was where I spent those 6 years and have ties to (my mother and father are both from Illinois), so I'm going with Illinois. But don't you dare go associating me with Chicago!

Time permitting, I'll have fun with my logos and uniforms, but time permitting is always an unfortunate caveat.

Looking forward to this!

Offline yuda

• Oregon Explorers
  • MVP Member
  • Oregon Explorers Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:53:39 am »
I note that Michigan and Missouri (two teams listed as being first choices that were already taken) are now available again as people shift around initial franchises...

Offline Ohio GM

• Ohio Knights
  • All-Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 02:57:38 pm »
I am Harry.  Work in Finance for a major US corporation, married with two high school boys.

Been playing OOTP in online games since OOTP 4.  Founding member of Canadian Baseball league (CBL) which is going strong since 2002. Chris is alway looking for new blood.

Been with NPBL with many of you as California since 2015 season.

Ohio Knights 2013-

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 03:03:44 pm »
I note that Michigan and Missouri (two teams listed as being first choices that were already taken) are now available again as people shift around initial franchises...

Great thanks for catching this and letting everyone know!
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

Sheddy778

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 05:31:49 pm »
Name is Dan, been playing OOTP since I can first remember

Just graduated the University of Hartford.  Grew up in Boston, and overall I am just a massive sports fan who will likely work in the field one day

iowagm

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 11:40:10 pm »
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone, my name is David and I'll be running the currently nicknameless franchise out of Iowa.

I've lived in Iowa all my life, and currently work as a freelance web designer & graphic designer, and also run my own computer repair business in my spare time.  I love pretty much all sports, and love sports management games.  I've probably played every version of OOTP since OOTP2.  I've been in a couple leagues in the past.

I'm looking forward to getting started and having a great time with everyone. 

~David