Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: Staslab query for Frank  (Read 675 times)

Offline mikezone13

• New Jersey Athletics
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
Staslab query for Frank
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »
Hey Frank - great program you've got, just wish my webhost would allow the version of MySQL you need to run it on my webserver so I could tinker around with it.

Anyway, on this page (NJ Draft History Index Page), why are pitchers always listed twice (i.e. Bob Jones is listed twice in my top 10 next to 2015 and Top Draftees by round. Is this because they have a VORP for pitching and hitting? Or is it a bug?
New Jersey Athletics GM: 2013-
Playoffs: 2013-2021, 2024-
Championships: 2018, 2026

Offline fhomess

• Former Washington Resonance GM and Founder
  • All-Star Member
    • View Profile
Re: Staslab query for Frank
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:09:43 pm »
Hey Frank - great program you've got, just wish my webhost would allow the version of MySQL you need to run it on my webserver so I could tinker around with it.
It's not a particularly new version of MySQL.  That's pretty lame.

Anyway, on this page (NJ Draft History Index Page), why are pitchers always listed twice (i.e. Bob Jones is listed twice in my top 10 next to 2015 and Top Draftees by round. Is this because they have a VORP for pitching and hitting? Or is it a bug?
Yes, it's separating out their contributions with the bat from on the mound.  I'll clean that up at some point as it looks kinda silly.

Offline mikezone13

• New Jersey Athletics
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:12:41 pm »
It's not a particularly new version of MySQL.  That's pretty lame.

Yes, it's separating out their contributions with the bat from on the mound.  I'll clean that up at some point as it looks kinda silly.

Yeah their response to me was "Sorry, but there is no plan to upgrade the MYSQL Versions on the servers for now. If we upgrade the MYSQL Version on a Server, it will AFFECT all customers website because our servers are Shared servers. So, the websites which are not compatible with higher MYSQL Version will not work properly. Hope you understand."

The web server I'm on is currently running:
PHP version    5.3.26
MySQL version 5.1.72-cll

I assume it's not doable?

And good to hear it's not a bug with the pitcher listed twice :). Those draft history areas are pretty cool to be honest.

Offline fhomess

• Former Washington Resonance GM and Founder
  • All-Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:57 pm »
You know, it might work with that version of MySQL. I can't remember exactly what changed from 5.1 to 5.2

Offline mikezone13

• New Jersey Athletics
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:58 pm »
You know, it might work with that version of MySQL. I can't remember exactly what changed from 5.1 to 5.2

OK - I guess I can only try. A little task for me over the coming weeks then ;)