Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: Canada gets awarded Franchise.  (Read 2554 times)

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
Re: Canada gets awarded Franchise.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 07:53:30 pm »
Anything is great!  ;D
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 08:16:13 pm »
This is Out of order but I am sorry.

Globe and Mail: A look at the first month of Ontario Pirates season (Pitching).

Pitching has been less then steller then what was expected when the draft was completed, the one bright spot was Mario Rea till a bad outing ruined his era. A 9 game losing streak didn't help either with Pirates pitching being being 6th and 7th in the 8 team league with the starters era 5th (surprisingly), the only thing good coming out of the draft was that the Pitching doesn't walk anybody with a 26 walk lead over the next lowest Texas and a 81 walk lead over the most Iowa. The brightest stars on the team is Roberto Maillot who even tho he hasn't started a game is tied for 7th in League strike outs, Len Gould who has 3-0 0.87 era 23/1 k/BB in the first month of the season and last my 5th Starter Norbert Wallace who has won every other start and pitched the First 9 inning CG by a starting Pitcher ( Dave Bebbington got the first CG in a loss 04/09)
Good things grow in Ontario.
Go Jays :D Go Pirates :D go Phillies :) go Astros :)
AFBL: Ontario (2013-) 811-809 (.501) Wild Card: 4 times
2020 Pennant Lost Cup 3-5
2022 Wild Card (lost LCS 2-4)
NPBL: Nova Scotia Fishermen (2057-) 2060 Wild Card (lost LCS 2-4)
GCL: AFBL Blue Pirates
http://gcl.ootpdevelopments.com/gcl/reports/html/teams/team_21.html

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 11:51:17 am »
Globe and Mail: Pirates GM has announced a press conference to explain what has happened in the last year to the Ontario Pirates and what does it look like going forward. In a preview the Pirates GM had this to say: " I will in shot terms address what we started out with last year why I made the trades I have and How my not so good picking in Opening draft hurt this team but after those mistakes the team played very well and I think after this conference you will understand as well. I had some matters to attend to so I couldn?t be available much last season but I plan to be this season GO PIRATES GOOOOOOO"

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 11:46:54 am »
Globe and Mail: TONY V with a pitching GEM

Tony Vazquez has had a rough start to his AFBL Career, after being drafted in the 4th round of the inaugural draft he has been injured and then didnt pitch very well when he came back going 5-11 but with a soild era. He had the talent to go deep in to games and on june 15 2014 he did pitching 10 inning CG SHO to beat Massachusetts http://www.afblbaseball.com/afbl/reports/news/html/box_scores/game_box_4837.html

The other story in this is how the game ended with light Hitting Don Walker (.164) at the time hitting sub .150 crushing his 4th HR of the year to win the game and tie his career high in HR and save Tonys amazing pitching from going to waist because Darryl Strickland was waiting on deck to hit.

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 11:44:15 am »
Globe and Mail: Pirates GM confusing fans what is he doing?

The Pirates GM Jonathan Warren has been making roster moves all over the place the last 2 years and this season 1B has been his play ground with Ed Sexton Jr starting the season then Sang-hyuk Kwon,Erik March, with Juan Mu??z playing against LHP then they send him down and bring up Ed Sexton Jr. and THEN again the bring up Ed Sexton Sr.,Erik March. I find this very confusing last season it was the different OF but when every body was healthy there wasnt much change but even this year Johnny Jackson who is 43 has been up twice and this time to play 3B and Simon Pond the leadoff hitter that was sent to single A was up to help us steal bases is back down, because of injurys and a need to have a good hitter against LHP the OF change a feww times a month but when will this team and there GM come out with why all the trades and player movement.

The Pirates GM declined comment yesterday and his assiant told us that the press confreence will be held next week July 11 2014 to settle or make some questions depending on what you are looking for.

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 09:34:11 pm »
Globe and Mail: In a shocking turn of events Don Walker had had a very bad injury and he is out for his career, this close to the season it puts the team at a great disadvantage and not to mention the end of a young players career, even tho his career wasn't all that great .203/.274/.311 with 9 HR 43RBI but he was a valuable Defensive replacement for the Pirates and he will be missed.

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:06 pm »
Globe and Mail: Pirates GM released a update on the team but that has been scraped with the recent trade that has been announced so Here is a up date to the team 10 days in.

Catcher: Greg Laine 36 a .179 Ave in 17 games but um he has just made my line up :)
 Catcher: Langgeng Kawilarang 40 a .220 AVE in 158 games with 17 HR and 53 RBI (Including this year) Was good last year but down the streach was kinda bad.
 CatcherAAA: Juan Mu??z 34 a .276 AVE in 111 Games with 11 HR 56 RBI he is ok back up but no room at for now

1B: Ed Sexton Jr. 21 a .200 Ave in 47 games with 6 HR and 17 RBI his career has started off rough but I have given him my full support
1BAAA: Sang-hyuk Kwon a .258 ave in 134 games with 11 HR 51 RBI he was a pretty good first baseman in 2013, back up to Ed Jr and Ed Sr

2B: Pat MacGruder 27 a .299 ave in 229 games with 24 HR and 101 RBI, after being injured for most of 2013 last year hit .300 im hoping for a good season by him to help us get some where.
2B: Darryl Strickland 29 a .249 ave in 225 games with 5 HR 33 RBI, He is a pretty good back up but underused with PM playing

3B: Eric Conner 24 never played in Majors before next sim, great defence at 3rd ok bat good 7th or 8th batter for now
3BAA: Joe Watts 19 never played, Not as good defence but a better hitter as of now is out for 8 weeks tho.

SS: Juan Rojas 29 a .273 ave in 323 games with 35 HR 145 RBI, Finally playing the position i drafted him for, good thing I didn't trade him away,
SSAAA: Andy Clark 23 Never played but is better then what i brought up last year.

Now the Out felied for this team is always changing so some of the options are:

LF: Lou Bell 25 a .412 AVE in 35 games with 4 HR and 15 RBI, he was on the radar for the first time during 2013 draft and then was perfect to bring up but never got the call till late 2014 good speed which will help Derek A
LF: Randy Ladd 26 a .271 Ave in 185 games with 9 HR and 54 RBI, he suprized me earning the Starting job last year cant play defense very good thats why he is now back in AAA
LF: Dan Hursted 29 a .266 Ave in 280 games with 19 HR 80 RBI, he hasent played like i would have liked him to play but for now he cant be my defensive replacement

CF: Derek Anderson 22 a ,272 AVE in 46 games with 2 HR and 15 RBI, Named the #1 prospect in the AFBL if he develops he will be amazing if he doesn't then well biggest bust but a guy to bu lid a franchise around. for now he will lead off most days.
RF: Dave Davidson 29 a .292 in 214 games with 28 HR and 92 rbis, injurys have slowed him down but this year to many good feliiders for him to stay in the majors

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 10:50:51 pm »
Globe and Mail: Blue Pirates Greg Laine Wins PL Award

With a recent promotion and then a trade which brought a young catcher to this team again 36 year vet Greg Laine has made the most of his time in the show. He had played before but was given the job on a whim because of a call from his Minor league Manger saying he is ready give him a real shot and look what he had done a POTW and he has given spark to this offense the only downside that even Greg talks about is his defense, he was once a good defender and now he just Doesn't have it any more this might be his last year behind the plate but he is making the most of what he has been given.

Eric March traded:(

The fans here had like the young 1st base man in 2014 he was a spark in a dull season but with the emergence of Ed Jr. this season and a full slate of back ups he wasn't looking to good this year in Ontario but the trade to Ohio means he will be on team that has made the playoffs and may give him more playing time. Joe Hamilton is the same age as Eric and hits LHP better but he is a catcher and with the bad trades that the GM has made this one looks like a step in the right direction. Joe has played ok in 12 games so (starting 5) far probably needs more time in AAA but with a more run heavy schedule he probably will be sent down for next weeks games. We are all here hoping that Joe will be a light in this season as Eric was in the last.

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 06:23:23 am »
 Globe and Mail: Buck will play in MLB

In a suprise move by the Pirates today sending down there 41 and 37 year old catchers for a 35 and 23 year old pare. Bob Pierce who was drafted in the 7th round of the 2014 AFBL draft will start and play is his first MLB games this week. He wasn't hitting great in the Minors and he isn't a star but he can catch and that's something the last 2 guys couldn't do. We will See if this and other moves will pay off for the Blue Pirates.

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:33 pm »
Globe and Mail: Trade winds moving threw Canada and not the drug trade kind!

The Pirates have made a greatly need improvement to the outfeild for next season with the trade for Mitsuzuka Kurota who should take over full time in RF which did see Phil Thomas out there very much last year and will be a great improvement over the 16 players a year who play RF. With the loss of the best MR in the AFBL for the whole year there are roumors that the last all-star MR might be leaving Ontario but they have yet to be confermed. The loss of a good pitching prospect plus Clark hurts this club alot with what might be happening. The catching prospect was a lucky pick up from FA who would be good to have if devlops but power is more for the FL.

We will see how everything plays out.

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:17 pm »
2015 Season Recap:

Globe and Mail: The 2015 season was a interesting season for our boys in blue, there was no 18 game losing streaks like last season but there was the ever present losing weeks every week and the new problem of under-preforming players that had been playing well in the past.

Record: 70-92 well its 70 wins and with 24 wins against teams that have killed me in the past I say good season.
The lack of runs scored: We were the worst offense in the league till right at the end, after scoring more runs but having a losing REC in 2013 to not scoring any runs some series is not what wins games. Changing the culture of this team to what it was back in 2013 is needed.

Catching situation:

When the GM made the move to trade away BOTH his prized catchers away from the inaugural draft even after he had talked about keeping them, there has been some thoughts on who would catch, Langgeng Kawilarang started the year as the number 1 guy but a talent boast to Greg Laine Brought him strait to the starting job and he didnt do to bad Hitting .252 11 HR 36 RBI in 96 games with a player of the week and Rookie of the month award. Looks like he will have the job to start next season but what-happens after the season starts is totally up in the air.

Changes to team During 2015 season and so far in off season:
Well the first change was no Phil Thomas in RF because he was such a part of this team and a ok hitter next was the trade of Erik March for C Joe Hamilton
Which helped us out a bit last year with Joe hitting .158 2/3 in 19 games he is looking to be back up catcher next year.

This past week the Pirates have made 2 big deals:

First they gave up
CL - Brad Morcom: good pitching prospect could have haggled a bit and not offered him but i don't like the injury's he has had
C - Ken George: Was a FA signing and with the draft of catchers plus fosters playing he was trade-able.
SS- Andy Clark: I didnt want to trade him really but i had extra and he doesn't hit the best.

They Received:
RF - Mitsuzaka Kurota: he is 34 so alot to give up but Defense is key for this deal and his hitting is a bonus

The next Trade With Colorado:
SS Rojas: Our star did not play well and is getting older so sell high plus the wins he brings me will help me get better picks because I will lose more games maybe
RP Gould: Was part of the pen that made the all-star team with both of the others not around he would be better else where great career in Ontario but help CO win one
2B Strickland: Will forever be part of history with the first Cycle against NC but once Pat came back his playing time isnt great here maybe in Colorado he will get more games

What we received:
SS Pelletier: Seems weird to trade for a player i traded away but i liked him then and i like him now with his improvement in hitting and Rojas gone i think he will love playing here again. He only hit .260 last year but that is expected good defense and not alot of k's.
RP Wood: Not often do you see players like him get traded but i need a solid vet to help step in to take the spot of Darryl Fleming whose age has caught up with his control, and also to help me not over use Ken LeBlanc & Dan Hawkins Didnt pitch much in majors and probably wont out of the gate next year either
3B Johnson: Not the best prospect but he plays multiple positions and could be AFBL ready in a few years.
SP Taylor: if he develops would be a perfect addition to this up and coming team, pitched in AAA last year but will start in A for me.
SP Charlie White: Same thing as above will probably start in A

If there is more in the works we will report it, with the DH a possiblity in the comming seasons it is good to point out that i had 3 pitchers with 70, 55, 39 AB had 10. 11, 12 hits this season with Tony V hitting .308 2/4 in 21 games add to and Dave D 5 for 18 .278 helped my 22 pitchers hit .177 .195 3/22 last season so maybe i don't want one.

2014 Draft Recap
First round pick:C Dave Morris spent his first season in pro ball in rookie ball and he didn't play to well hoping next year he can move up to A
3   P   Wilson Deleon: He made it to A last year and won his last to starts hoping to improve on that

*correction to earlier release that stated 2017 was they year of the DH
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:17:53 am by 24Rocks »

Offline mikezone13

• New Jersey Athletics
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 01:30:07 am »
...with the DH coming in 2017 ...

Since when? I didn't know this passed the winter meetings vote? Am I missing something?
New Jersey Athletics GM: 2013-
Playoffs: 2013-2021, 2024-
Championships: 2018, 2026

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 06:10:16 am »

Since when? I didn't know this passed the winter meetings vote? Am I missing something?

It's not... Just Interleague Play for a single season (for now) in 2017.
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 06:16:03 am »

It's not... Just Interleague Play for a single season (for now) in 2017.
Opps i need to learn to not write when tired, i got mistaken with DH and interleague, Least i know now that people read my work :)

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 06:22:00 am »
 ;D