Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: New York Twin Towers Taking On A Branding Change Next Season?  (Read 686 times)

Offline kayber76

• New York Twin Towers GM
  • Rookie Member
    • View Profile
New York Twin Towers Taking On A Branding Change Next Season?
« on: February 22, 2018, 06:13:18 pm »
The New York Twin Towers will be taking on a new personality for the following season and many more to come. They announced today just a few months after new GM/Owner Gary C took over the team.

"I will be re branding this team. I would like to retire any past associations with this team and have a fresh start. I have dug deep into past history of this state and I feel very passionate about Native American Culture here. Through next season and beyond this team will be known as the New York Tomahawks."

The name change was not much of a shock since the organization has gone through at least two branding changes in the past few years. However it is somewhat of a culture shock to the local fans.  Who had mixed feelings about the uniform colors and team name

"Look I like my Towers in blue and orange, what the h%^@ is this forest green c$%*?," Said one fan who refused to give his name.

The new found Tomahawks are in talks to get a new stadium placed in the upstate New York area, no official word on where at the moment.  Fans in the city seemed confused on why Gary would move the team out of the populated area and into the wilderness mountains.

"I just don't get this crazy guy's idea. Lets take a popular sports team and move them to a vacation spot?" Said local sportscaster "Buffalo Bill" Burgermiester of Long Island  Sports Radio (LISR) .

No official word on the minor league affiliations moving. The new owner seemed pretty content with his minor league system.  The new logo and uniform were unveiled in the press conference and we have images below.