Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Winter Meetings > Topics and Ideas Discussion

Expansion

(1/10) > >>

mstreeter06:
This has always been an interesting discussion in previous Winter Meetings as I bring it back up. I'd love to get to 24 franchises at some point which has been my ultimate goal for the size of our league. I'm all for going with what the majority of the league is feeling for the direction and timeframe for expansion.

I feel as though there are several different routes and options for this we need decide on...

First, is whether to stagger the 4 expansion franchises into two waves of 2 teams or to add 4 franchises all at once like in 2017.

Second, would be the timeframe to expand... 2027, 2030, 2035, or even further out?

Third, would be the process of the future expansion draft where to use a similar procedure like in 2017 or tweak it?

Discuss your thoughts and opinions below. There won't be poll yet since this topic will take some time to discuss and decide on the best course of action as a league. Thanks guys!

mikezone13:
What would the playoff implications be of moving to 24 teams?

mstreeter06:

--- Quote from: mikezone13 on March 29, 2015, 05:51:01 pm ---What would the playoff implications be of moving to 24 teams?

--- End quote ---

Good question... maybe add a 5th playoff team in each league?

LT:
I would prefer 2030 at the earliest for expansion. As for methodology - I liked 15 players from each team to get drafted. But would not limit it to one per team per round. If round 1 sees 15 players from team x taken then nobody else can be chosen from that team the rest of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKGuy16:
Same thing as always for me....

We need to go a few seasons without losing any owners.  These owners need to be active and aren't regularly missing exports.  Any expansion must obviously have enough ready to go owners to cover the slots. 

I'd also like to have a set of rules drawn up at least two seasons prior to the expansion draft.  I think the previous expansion was extremely rocky and some owners may not have been properly prepared for it.

I'm all for expansion happening whenever as long as the league remains strong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version