Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Winter Meetings > Topics and Ideas Discussion

Ammy Draft Date

(1/12) > >>

mstreeter06:
I have been thinking about how much the league comes to a stand still during the Ammy Draft (usually 2 or 3 real weeks).

What about if we move the Ammy Draft date to June 1st and have the Ammy Draft Pool plus International FAs revealed on February 1st (or close to that)? Then have the Ammy Draft ongoing during Spring Training, April, and May. This would give us nearly 3 real life weeks to get the draft done. We would still use the same method for draft order just from the most recent season.

Any thoughts about this or should we keep the draft on Nov 15th?

claphamsa:
anything to speed up the nevernding offseason

LT:
good idea.

mstreeter06:
I'm still testing this out but it is very likely that the Ammy Draft date will move from November 15th of the current season to June 1st of the next season.

If this happens and it is 99% likely this will work, the 2024 Amateur Draft would be moved from November 15th, 2024 until June 1st, 2025 with the Ammy Draft pool and International Free Agent amateurs revealed on February 2nd/3rd, 2025. We would use the 2024 season standings and postseason results for the draft order just like normal.

JKGuy16:
I like this.  We can push through seasons faster and do the draft over a longer stretch of time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version