Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Winter Meetings > Topics and Ideas Discussion

Feeder System Expansion

(1/10) > >>

Chappy:
I know there was a brief discussion about this last year, and I agree with a lot of the opposing commentary (wait and see, game handles talent well, blah blah blah) but after running a few solo leagues with feeder leagues over the past few months I've come to the conclusion that our feeder system is too small.

Personally, I've liked the results I've had when I have 2 college teams and 4 high school teams for each major league team.... for a 20-team league that would be 40 colleges and 80 high schools.  We have just 20 colleges and 20 high schools.

Now, I don't expect you all to want the AFBL made to Chappy's preferences (although you should!!!!   :P) so I was wondering what OOTP would recommend the feeder league size should be for a 20-team league.

So how many teams does OOTP think you should have in your feeder system to support a league of this size?

If you take a 20-team fictional league with AAA, AA, A and R leagues and an 8-round draft (the game recommends 16 rounds, btw) and go to the 'league functions' page and choose 'add complete feeder league system', the game tells you it will add a system that "properly matches the currently selected league in terms of size".

This creates:

A college league consisting of 12 teams (8 less than we currently have)
A high school league consisting of 40 teams (20 more than we currently have)

It seems to me in the very least our high school league is too small....  thoughts?

BaseballAddict32:
I'd vote to double the size of the high school pool like you recommend. It would not give one team a competitive advantage it would add more talent all around. For team's trying to build up, it will give them a quicker path. Getting picks for players will be even more valuable. I think you are right.

Cannon Fodder06:
I also would agree.  I think a bigger talent pool would help everyone out and give you some greater options by the time you get to the third round.

Chappy:
I think any change should be gradual.... like add 2 teams each year for x seasons until we reach the desired # of schools.

BaseballAddict32:
Sounds good. I mean you could do 3 a year if we're going up 20 until the last year and do 2 that year because it would cut down a couple of years. Or 4 a year so its done in 5 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version