Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Winter Meetings > 2017 Expansion Discussion

Expansion Discussion Thread

(1/45) > >>

mstreeter06:
Hey guys!

I want to try to keep things organized in terms of discussions for the 2015 season and discussions about our upcoming expansion plans.

I'll start posting any discussions/thoughts about expansion here so we can keep our thoughts together without missing anything.

Be sure to voice your opinions here if you have any thoughts/suggestions/concerns!

---

Confirmed Future Expansion Owners:
Paul Nicholls - NDK-Paul (on board for phase 2 of expansion down the line)
Lawrence Tabachnick - LT (current IL owner taking over 1 expansion franchise)
Frank Esselink - fhomess
Matthew Katz - BaseballAddict32
Marek Singeling - Empayes (took over Oregon vacancy)
Steve Waugh - Steve Wunda
Pete Grassi - peteg9699

mstreeter06:
Where We Stand (1/14/14):
-4 expansion franchise owners decided and locations selected (ID, WA, VA, GA)
-expanding for the 2017 season
-Expansion Draft protection list rules and specifics announced here

2016 Offseason Gameplan

* Finish 2016 Playoffs
* Announce 2016 Season Awards and Postseason MVP
* Sim game to 1/1/2017
* Relocate Arizona to New Mexico and California to Maryland; realign AFBL into 4 5-team divisions (FL West, FL East, PL North, PL South)
* Protection Lists from current 16 teams are due around this time
* Expansion Draft on 1/5/2017 (game date); draft will be held on the Forum or in Statslab
* Free Agent Draft on 1/15/2017 (game date) for 4 Expansion Teams; 5 rounds with expansion teams picking 4 times per round in reverse serpentine order as the Expansion Draft.
* Sim to Spring Training and resume normal sim schedule to begin 2017 with 20 teams with interleague play enabled for this single season.
I'll keep this updated as needed (likely weekly).

mstreeter06:
Items Needed To Be Decided On (1/14/14):
-Nothing at the moment!
-Expansion Draft order has been decided
-League timeline leading up to expansion decided
-Expansion Draft protection list rules decided
-Expansion Draft process decided
-Expansion team supplemental FA Draft decided

I'll keep this updated as needed.

mstreeter06:
4 Expansion Franchises:
Idaho Steelheads (Lawrence, LT)

Washington Resonance (Frank, fhomess)

Virginia Diamond Club (Steve, Steve Wunda)

Georgia Titans (Pete, peteg9699)

Logo TBD

AFBL 2017 Realignment:
California moves to Maryland; Arizona moves to New Mexico; Washington and Idaho will join the Frontier League; Virginia and Georgia will join the Patriot League; AFBL moves to two 5-team divisions per league.

Here is how the AFBL will realign starting in 2017...

mstreeter06:

--- Quote from: Chappy on November 01, 2013, 06:55:20 am ---Here are a couple of things I did during the NPBL's expansion...

1. We extended the draft by a few rounds for a few years to replenish everyone's minors.  So, if say every team loses 10 players, you add 2 rounds to the draft for 5 years.  With expansion a few seasons away, you can even do this before the expansion comes to prepare everyone for the losses, so to speak.

2. Pullbacks; if you get to protect back 2 or 3 more players every time you lose 1, it allows for more strategy and involvement than just having everybody protect X number and that's it.

--- End quote ---

Just to keep all things expansion related in here as we begin preparation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version