Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Winter Meetings > 2017 Expansion Discussion

Expansion Discussion Thread

<< < (2/45) > >>

mstreeter06:
Preliminary approved AFBL expansion franchise locations have been added. The league has decided that some states are feasible to host a major league franchise.

mikezone13:
Can the expansion teams go into states where our minors are?

So I've got a minors team in Delaware, will I need to relocate my minor league team or will it be fine in there if someone wants to expand into the might state of Delaware :)

mstreeter06:

--- Quote from: mikezone13 on November 01, 2013, 11:26:06 pm ---Can the expansion teams go into states where our minors are?

So I've got a minors team in Delaware, will I need to relocate my minor league team or will it be fine in there if someone wants to expand into the might state of Delaware :)

--- End quote ---

In your case, the NJ affiliate in Delaware will be fine as Delaware wasn't approved as a potential home to an expansion team. In addition to New Jersey, the only other franchises with minor league affiliates outside of the major league team's home state are Arizona and Ontario.

Arizona's minor league team in Nevada and New Mexico are at a potential risk to find a new location to call home. This is only if one of the four expansion franchise would like to call Nevada or New Mexico home.

Ontario's minor league affiliate in Vancouver is only at risk if we ever have an owner desire to expansion/relocate to British Columbia in the future but this would need league approval first. I can't imagine this being an issue but just a note if it ever does become one.

If this is the case, I'll discuss with the teams involved.

mikezone13:

--- Quote from: mstreeter06 on November 01, 2013, 11:34:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: mikezone13 on November 01, 2013, 11:26:06 pm ---Can the expansion teams go into states where our minors are?

--- End quote ---

In your case, the NJ affiliate in Delaware will be fine as Delaware wasn't approved as a potential home to an expansion team. In addition to New Jersey, the only other franchises with minor league affiliates outside of the major league team's home state are Arizona and Ontario.

--- End quote ---

What other states are off the agenda for expansion? I notice a few more white spaces ;)

mstreeter06:

--- Quote from: mikezone13 on November 01, 2013, 11:39:32 pm ---
--- Quote from: mstreeter06 on November 01, 2013, 11:34:39 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What other states are off the agenda for expansion? I notice a few more white spaces ;)

--- End quote ---

I have them listed in the 3rd post of this thread. I wonder if I need a separate thread? I'd like to keep all expansion related discussion in just 1 thread so everything is in 1 place.

Most states without a ML team are approved for expansion except those with low state total populations (~1.5 million or less).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version