Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Winter Meetings > 2017 Expansion Discussion

Stadiums and Home Runs

(1/2) > >>

Troyaof:
Okay so since my team in ABQ is at 5700 feet I want to do something similiar to making it a launching pad like Coors was back in the day. Flagstaff  (7500 feet) should have been a huge launching pad but I didn't think to have Matt incorporate that. So should the homerun % be like 1.???
Does anyone like/hate this idea?

mikezone13:
I believe it's your stadium to do what you please with it (within boundaries)... just look at New York's stadium, only the most powerful guys can get close with HRs there.

mstreeter06:
Yeah pretty sure the only real deciding variable is the ballpark factors

NorseKaiser:
I (obviously) like the nuances of having different parks. As a word of caution though- it is really hard to evaluate players in a strange ballpark, and I'm convinced that it takes a special combination of skills (that I haven't identified yet).

BaseballAddict32:
it does come down to those factors. for instance if you have a large outfield with deep fences you could dial down the homeruns and up the triples. for what you're looking for you prob should set homerun overall, hr left and hr right well over 1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version