Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: NY GM retiring (for now!)  (Read 623 times)

NorseKaiser

NY GM retiring (for now!)
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:48 am »
Hey everyone,

I'm going to have to step down as GM of the New York franchise. I'm heading in to crunch time in my current school responsibilities, and starting a new program in May that will leave me very little free time for the next year.

I hope to be able to return at some point, and I'll definitely be watching how the league progresses. Thank you to everyone for the really interesting experience, and I just wish I would be around for the first New York winning season!

Matthew has taken care of transition, which he will be posting soon.

Joel

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
Re: NY GM retiring (for now!)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:38:17 am »
Sorry to see you step away for the time being but I understand that your time will be very limited. I appreciate the heads up before things got too busy for you. Thanks for everything and hopefully we'll get you back in the near future!

Matthew Katz will be stepping in to take over the ownership of New York. He was going to be the Nevada expansion franchise owner before things got busy.

Thanks to Joel and welcome back to the league Matthew!
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

Offline BaseballAddict32

• Former New York Twin Towers GM
  • MVP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »
Thanks for the oppotunity. Sorry it is because someone else got busy and does not have the time but look forward to participating in the league and being active here. Had some family issues that came up the season I was waiting for Nevada to be ready to draft and it was poor communication on my part of my intent to still be in the league. I am glad to have a chance to be back and will be active. Will get familiar with the NY club as quick as possible and try not to miss a beat taking over for a great owner.
New York Twin Towers- 2017 - 2028

AFBL Pioneer League Wild Card- 2023, 2024

AFBL Pioneer League Champions- 2024

AFBL Federation Cup Champions- 2024

Offline mikezone13

• New Jersey Athletics
  • Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 06:23:58 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm going to have to step down as GM of the New York franchise. I'm heading in to crunch time in my current school responsibilities, and starting a new program in May that will leave me very little free time for the next year.

I hope to be able to return at some point, and I'll definitely be watching how the league progresses. Thank you to everyone for the really interesting experience, and I just wish I would be around for the first New York winning season!

Matthew has taken care of transition, which he will be posting soon.

Joel

Sorry to see you go, hopefully you can make it back some time!
New Jersey Athletics GM: 2013-
Playoffs: 2013-2021, 2024-
Championships: 2018, 2026