Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: **Injury Policy**  (Read 2215 times)

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
**Injury Policy**
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:35:36 pm »
In the interest of fairness and cosistancy, I thought I would post how I handle injuries when I run sims.  This way, everyone knows what my 'default settings' are.  I am calling these my 'default settings' because this is the policy I will use UNLESS I HAVE RECEIVED OTHER INSTRUCTIONS FROM YOU.  I want to stress that - I want you to have as much control over your team as possible, so if you would like to have your team's injuries handled a different way, let me know and I'll do as you ask. 

Type of Injury - Action
Day-to-Day, any length of time - no action
Player is out, less than 1 week - no action
Player is out, 1 week - no action
Player is out, 1-2 weeks - no action
Player is out, 2 weeks - player is placed on 15-day DL, player of same position is called up from AAA.*
Player is out, more than 2 weeks - player is placed on DL, player of same position is called up from AAA.*

* - If there is no player of the same position at the AAA level, I will call up another player from AAA and let a bench player already on the big-league roster play in the injured player's place.  I will not call anyone up all the way from AA unless I have no other options, because I know some people are picky about when rookies should make their big league debuts.  For the same reason, rookies will be among the last players I call up from AAA to replace injured players.

Also, after I call a player up, I will insert them into the lineup and move everyone up a spot, placing the replacement player in the #8 spot in the order.

Players Returning From The DL
Unless you give me instructions stating otherwise, it will be up to you to activate players and put them back into your lineup. 

So, if you have a star player coming off the DL in 2 days, it would benefit you greatly to give me some instructions, i.e. - on 5/12, call up player x, insert in #4 spot, demote player y to AAA.

After September 1st
After rosters expand to 40 players, I will not place anyone on the DL.  I will still do everything else the same - including calling up players if necessary - but you will be responsible for placing players on the DL if you wish to after September 1st.
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet