Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: Future Owners Introductions!  (Read 3288 times)

Offline stevee

• Maryland Bridegrooms
  • MVP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Future Owners Introductions!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 09:34:45 am »
Welcome to the new managers!
Maryland Bridegrooms

Federation Cup Champions: 2036

Offline fhomess

• Former Washington Resonance GM and Founder
  • All-Star Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 12:38:11 am »
Hello everyone, my name is Marek and I'll be the future owner of the fourth expansion team.
I'm from the Netherlands and this is just my second year playing OOTP, it's actually thanks to the game that I now have the baseball fever.
Very stoked to take over an expansion team, hope I can make some waves in the long term. The AFBL seems like a great fictional league so I'm sure it'll be fun anyway.
See you around!
Dit vind ik heel leuk!  I happen to be Dutch as well and actually pronounce my name, Frank, the Dutch way despite having lived in the US most of my life.  My son's name is Marik, with the less common spelling being something my non-Dutch wife and I preferred for reasons that are somewhat complicated.

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 06:55:15 am »
Hello everyone, my name is Marek and I'll be the future owner of the fourth expansion team.
I'm from the Netherlands and this is just my second year playing OOTP, it's actually thanks to the game that I now have the baseball fever.
Very stoked to take over an expansion team, hope I can make some waves in the long term. The AFBL seems like a great fictional league so I'm sure it'll be fun anyway.
See you around!
Dit vind ik heel leuk!  I happen to be Dutch as well and actually pronounce my name, Frank, the Dutch way despite having lived in the US most of my life.  My son's name is Marik, with the less common spelling being something my non-Dutch wife and I preferred for reasons that are somewhat complicated.

Really awesome to have two members who are Dutch! We have members in the USA, Canada, Australia, Spain, UK (Wales), and the Netherlands. So cool!
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

Offline 24Rocks

• Ontario Blue Pirates
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:53 am »
My mom is Canadain but her parents are Dutch SO i got allitle dutch in me as well
Good things grow in Ontario.
Go Jays :D Go Pirates :D go Phillies :) go Astros :)
AFBL: Ontario (2013-) 811-809 (.501) Wild Card: 4 times
2020 Pennant Lost Cup 3-5
2022 Wild Card (lost LCS 2-4)
NPBL: Nova Scotia Fishermen (2057-) 2060 Wild Card (lost LCS 2-4)
GCL: AFBL Blue Pirates
http://gcl.ootpdevelopments.com/gcl/reports/html/teams/team_21.html

Empayes

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »

Dag Frank, ik had je Nederlandse achternaam al herkend.  :)
I assumed you would be as Dutch as A.J. Pierzynski is Polish, obviously many Americans have distinct Euro surnames.
Nice to hear that you're from Holland.

DCHepler25

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:50:53 am »
... Pensy is challenging as well now.

There are two n's but anyway... I'm trying to build this team to playoff caliber, but the nuances of this league are challenging. I think some of you in-coming veteran players will soon agree.

Glad to have all of you and can't wait to get to the expansion draft - as long as I don't loose anyone good! ;)

Offline Steve Wunda

• Virginia Diamond Club
  • MVP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:18:59 pm »
Hello,

My name is Steve Wunda and I am the newest expansion owner. I am looking forward to building a playoff contending franchise from the ground up. Looks like an interesting league that you guys have going on here. Good luck to everyone!

Troyaof

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 11:48:06 am »
Hello,

My name is Steve Wunda and I am the newest expansion owner. I am looking forward to building a playoff contending franchise from the ground up. Looks like an interesting league that you guys have going on here. Good luck to everyone!

Welcome Steve!