Thanks for visiting the AFBL website! If you are interested in joining us, please email the AFBL Commish at mstreeter06@gmail.com!

Author Topic: Openings in the Association  (Read 646 times)

DCHepler25

Openings in the Association
« on: January 11, 2014, 02:25:27 pm »
Since the forum said off-topic stuff...

When one of the long-time leagues I was a part of closed its doors, the original commissioner (founder) and I started a new online league to take its place. The Association is that league. Many GM's from the defunct league joined and we were able to fill the 18 teams rather easily. After our inaugural season, several original owners have decided to move on due to personal issues. Some others were not able to keep up to the daily sim schedule.

I will say the Association is a slightly different league. All players are paid the same except for varying years. The contract length becomes the important factor. Because the finances are irrelevant, there is no free agent bidding. Instead, there is a free agent draft held every off-season. We are in the middle of that right now. At the end of the playoffs, each team is given five contracts to offer to their own potential free agents. Those five players are re-signed and the others become free agents in the draft pool. There are several other nuances in the Association, but I won't bore you here. The constitution has all that rules stuff in it if you want to read more.

If you are interested and/or looking for another league, please head over to the website/forums and check it out - The Association.

Offline Cannon Fodder06

• Former Kentucky Lions GM
  • Veteran Member
  • Michael Harney
    • View Profile
Re: Openings in the Association
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:12:31 pm »
I'd be interested in another challenge. 
Michael Harney

Kentucky Lions: 2014-Present
2018 FL Champions

Offline mstreeter06

• Colorado Bears
  • Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:26:19 pm »
Looks interesting but I'm probably maxed out with OOTP combined with work and stuff. I'll keep an eye on it as an observer though!
AFBL Commish / Colorado Bears Founding Owner
Playoff Appearances: 2014-2024, 2031, 2033-2038, 2041-
Federation Cup Champs: 2016, 2017, 2021, 2023, 2031, 2033

NPBL - Kansas Storm
National Cup Champs: 2023, 2046, 2068

SBC - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Playoff Appearances: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1967

My OOTP Franchises Spreadsheet

Troyaof

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:03 am »
With my current job, I better not add in another distraction as cool as this looks.

DCHepler25

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:16 pm »
I still have three openings if any one is interested - Erie, Montreal and Tijuana